Engagement on TikTok consists of the number of watch time, likes, shares, comments, and followers divided by the number of views, times 100. Moreover, to go viral on TikTok you need at least 30% engagement. For this reason, here are 5 keys on how to increase your engagement on TikTok:
- Choose your Niche: TikTok has no rule for creating content you can create any kind of content you want. However, selecting a particular niche will attract viewers of common interest thus developing a strong fan base, therefore, increasing your engagement. For example, if you love working out in the gym you can upload such content with hashtags related to your niche and thus making your viewers likely stay.
- Produce active video participation: It is important to interact with your viewers through your videos. For example, filming a video about Cities in Turkey and asking them at the end of which town is their favorite. It favors participation and ideas creation through comments, likes shares.
- Promotion on the social platforms: If TikTok is not your active social media and you want to attract viewers then it is a good idea to share your recent video or even make a post or story about the existence of your TikTok account.
- Participate in other people’s videos: TikTok is an interactive app, by commenting on other people’s videos they will tend to visit your profile and probably like your content.
- Post frequently and participate in the viral contest: Your engagement can rapidly increase if you post frequently videos enabling new viewers to frequently discover your content.
Tricks to Be One Step Ahead on TikTok
TikTok has over 800million active users thus there are various ways to be among the best.
- Participating in challenges: TikTok is a creative app with challenges launched every day. Hence participating in the most practiced challenges will place your videos to an upper level.
- Collaboration (Duets): This option has become so famous. Here, you reproduce a scene or act as a second actor on the TikTok video appearing as a 2 frame video. Generally, they are comedy videos or dance challenges videos.
- Use hashtags related to your niche.
Determine What Your X-Factor Is
Everybody is good at doing a particular thing which fascinates other people. An X-factor is a quality that you cannot describe that makes someone very special.
For this reason, the first thing is to know your X-factor in other words something you have the best skills. Then invest in it and produce quality and consistent content.
For example: if you are good at singing you can go for making covers.
FAQs About the Keys to Increase Engagement on TikTok
- What is a good engagement rate on TikTok? A good engagement rate on TikTok starts from 17% for average TikTok content creators.
- How can I increase my engagement on TikTok? As mentioned above select your niche, produce interacting videos, promotion on other social platforms, participate on other people’s videos, post frequently
- Which challenge should I participate in? Anyone of your wish, as far as the challenge is viral, and that you have a good idea of what to produce.
Increasing Engagement in Short
Engagement is also validation by followers showing your video’s worth. In short, the key to engagement on TikTok is consistency and patience. If you want to learn more about TikTok, please have a look at our other articles about the app.